Is your house ready to sell?
Review the questions below to ensure your home looks the best it possibly can in the buyer’s eyes.
- • Does your yard look well maintained?
- • Are the trees and bushes trimmed?
- • Is your lawn mowed and edged?
- • Is your lawn free of weeds?
- • Are the decks and patios clean?
- • Does your house need painting?
- • Are there any exterior holes or cracks?
- • Are your walks and porches clean and in good repair?
- • Does your roof leak or sag?
- • Are any shingles or tiles missing?
- • Is your chimney in good shape?
- • Are your carpets clean and in good condition?
- • Do your carpets need stretching?
- • Are there any pet or smoking odors?
- • Do your walls have any cracks or holes?
- • Do your walls need painting?
- • What about that wallpaper?
- • Do your ceilings have any water stains, cracks or peeling?
- • Do your ceilings need painting?
- • Are your appliances clean and in good working order?
- • Are your cabinets in good condition?
- • Are your countertops in good condition?
- • Is your tile grout clean?
- • Is your sink stained, chipped, or in need or re-calking?
- • Do your faucets shut off completely?
- • Do your sinks drain freely?
- • Are your toilets in good condition?
- • Are your shower doors shiny?
- • Do your tubs need caulking?
- • Is your floor in good condition?
- • Are your vanities and mirrors in good condition?
- • Is your fireplace clean?
- • Is the fireplace screen in good shape?
- • Are all drapes, shutters and shades clean and working properly?
- • Are any window screens bent?
- • Do all the windows open and close easily?
- • Are the windowsills clean?
- • Are your doors in good condition?
- • Do any doors sag or stick?
- • Do the locks work?
- • Is the paint in good condition?
- • Do the doors seal tightly?
- • Is your basement/attic organized?
- • Are they well lit?
- • Are they clean?
- • Are the stairs in good repair?
- • Do the doors open and close easily?
- • Are there any signs of insects or rodents?
- • Is your garage organized?
- • Is it well lit?
- • Is the floor swept?
- • Are there oil spots or other stains on the concrete?
Curb Appeal Checklist
- • Replace or freshen-up front door with a coat of paint.
- • If needed, touch up or repaint the home’s exterior. Fix or replace any damaged siding.
- • Make sure porch railings are sturdy and freshly painted.
- • Replace old, aluminum windows with new energy efficient vinyl or wood windows.
- • Clean windows
- • Straighten or replace loose or bent gutters.
- • Fix loose shutters.
- • Make sure house numbers are easy to read.
- • Paint or replace mailbox.
- • Clean and repair sidewalk and driveway (reseal if needed).
- • Mulch flowerbeds and around shrubs. Make a distinct border between flowerbed and yard.
- • Keep grass trimmed and clear of toys and debris.
- • Prune overgrown bushes and trees.
- • Add a potted plant or flower boxes to the front entrance.
- • Make sure the doorbell works and the doorknocker is polished.
- • Make sure the front of your home is lighted and appealing at night.